Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jollibee, Singapore

Filipino fast food chain Jollibee couldn't have found a better place than Lucky Plaza as their first Singapore outlet. During the first month or two lines were so crazy that they actually have an empty shop lot next door to contain the queues.

Many would associate Jollibee as the Filipino version of McDonalds or KFC and it is very much like so. So how does it fare compared to those chains?

Jollibee feast!

I have always grown up eating KFC with white rice...childhood memories indeed. Funny thing is that when I was younger I never ate food with ketchup or chilli sauce...but I see how ketchup goes well with chicken now. Jollibee comes with a tub of brown gravy - pretty decent I must say. 

2pcs chicken with rice ala carte is $5.60 and a dollar more for a value meal. Chickenjoy is what they call their chicken and it is pretty darn good! Very crispy and moist succulent meat. Beats KFC, Texas, Popeyes and all the other chains hands down! Serving it with rice is already a plus point in my books (:

Also a favourite in the Philippines is the Jollibee Spaghetti ($3) but we had the 1pc chicken and spaghetti ($6.60). This is wrong on so many levels but it was good. A very kiddish version - minced beef, sausage, and some melted cheese. It's sweet, yes, but very tasty. 

We spotted the Double Yumburger with TLC ($6) and first thing my colleague said to me was - burger with Tender Loving Care? Secretly I agreed only to realise later that it was Tomato, Lettuce and Cheese. Oops. To be honest, I'll give the burger a miss the next time - wasn't too bad but chicken and spaghetti definitely wins over the burger! 

So if you haven't tried Jollibee, give it a go! Word is that the queue has died down, but try and avoid peak times! 

6/F Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road
+65 90543892

0 comments:

Post a Comment