Thursday, July 18, 2013

Master Crab Seafood Restaurant, Singapore

I've always been a "crabby" person, unlike people I know whose laziness deters them from eating, I actually enjoy picking at it. Ever since moving to Singapore, I've been having odd cravings for crabs but fortunately I have a partner in crime (: 

Last month we had the all you can eat crab buffet at Plaza Brasserie and this month we decided to have salted egg yolk crabs. A quick search and Master Crab came up as the most recommended in Singapore. They have outlets all over the heartlands but Ghim Moh was the nearest to where we were, so Ghim Moh it was! 

I can't remember why, but we weren't so hungry that night - or maybe all we wanted was crab. No rice, no carbs of any kind, just crabs. Oh, but herbal soup was okay for the rainy night (; 

 Herbal frog ($18) 

I have this thing with frogs - I eat them, but I secretly feel squeamish deep inside. So usually I'll just have the soup, or the gravy it's cooked in. I used to love them when I was young, till one day I saw a display of a skinned frog with it's head still intact. Oh, the horror....

The soup was lovely here, the angelica root (dong guai) wasn't too overpowering. We ordered the small portion but the portions were generous we ended up taking half of it home.

Salted egg yolk crabs

The pièce de résistance! The gravy was so rich and felt so cholesterol laden (not that we're complaining) and it was so addictive. If anything, it was perhaps a little too sweet but I would gladly have this any day!

A thing to note is that they have crabs of 2 different sizes - small and big. If you're going for small, you would have to order a minimum of 2 crabs. For big, just 1. If you're thinking of having two flavours, you could go with 3 small crabs and they will split 1 and a half crabs each dish.

The bill came up to about $105 for just the 2 of us - exclusive of drinks and we didn't order rice or anything else. Not exactly cheap for a coffee shop style place, but business seems to be blooming for them. Everyone flocks here for the salted egg yolk crabs so that's saying something!

Master Crab Seafood Restaurant @ Ghim Moh
Block 19 Ghim Moh Road, #01-229
+65 63141868


0 comments:

Post a Comment